How to Install Counter-Strike 1.6 serverOctober 1, 2022
How to Install Counter-Strike 1.6 server
The minimum requirement for running Counter Strike Server on your PC is an average PC with a good Internet Service Provider. There must be a good uploading speed on your ISP’s end.
The following blog post gives a detailed description of how the CS 1.6 Server can be installed online:-
- CS 1.6 Server can only be installed online so you will need an internet connection.
- Create a directory (other than the game directory) with Counter-Strike Server Creator and unzip it there.
- When installing HLDS, the installation directory is requested. You can choose a guide and then click next. Once this has been done, a black Command Window appears, which starts the downloading and installation of the Server files. There are 320MB in the file. Don’t panic if you lose your internet connection or if the servers are not installed correctly. Just rerun the installation process and choose the same directory and folder.
- A directory called HLDS appears after installation. As you can see, the Cstrike Directory looks like this.
- Ensure that Steam and non-Steam clients (p47 and p48) are patched.
- Set up your server to work correctly and manage some constants to work on the internet.
- Replace SERVER.CFG in /HLDS/cstrike by downloading and unzipping the SERVER.CFG file. Depending on your preferences, you can edit the hostname, rcon password, server password, or any cvar variable in the configuration file. Don’t forget to save and exit.
- Add the lines to /HLDS/cstrike/liblist.gam using Notepad or Wordpad. The Meta mod will be automatically installed.
- The server can be run by creating a shortcut to HLDS.exe on your desktop by going to /HLDS/. By double-clicking, you can give the name of the server, the rcon pass, the map you want, and the server pass (if you wish to) or edit any cvar values and start the server.
- Your server will be automatically updated to Amx Mod X 1.8.1 after a few minutes with the installer. Amx Mod X makes it possible to do all sorts of server administration (changing maps, kicking players, running cvars, etc.).